Friday, March 4, 2016

March Challenge Tag

So I made some time to play yesterday.  The new tag challenge was up at TimHoltz.com so I dove right in.  I had to improvise with what I had on hand, but it turned out none the less.
I used Tim Holtz paper pad paper as the base (it has lettering/ script on it)  The over layer was cricut with swirls on Vanilla Cream CTMH stock.  That was then gessoed over and then I used oil pastels to add in the color.  There is a bit of pink, but my blues and green over powered it.  The top layer is a cardboard tag cut from a box divider and distressed.  I then added walnut stain and embossed with distressed taupe embossing powder.  I glued the foil around the outside and removeed after the glue dried.  But a small strip of burlap, glued and stapled it down.  Then added the Discover word brad after I added the blue with the oil pastels.


Finished it off with a chunky ribbon and some hemp twine.

Thanks for visiting...Jaime

No comments: